The Disabled Veterans School Tax Credit is open for applications each tax season. Learn more and apply. More Info logo
Office of Veterans Services Logo

Request Military Records

The Office of Veteran’s Affairs (OVS) maintains the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD 214) for many Delaware veterans, but only if it is provided by the veteran or government offices. If you listed Delaware as your home of record when separating from the service or have ever visited one of our Veteran Service Officers, we may have a copy of your DD 214 on file. If we represent you as claims agents, we do have access to at least part of your records. If your records are not on file with OVS, you can visit any of our offices to fax a request to the National Archives, or you can request it online from the National Archives.

The DD 214 (or discharge equivalent for traditional Guard/Reserves) is necessary to establish eligibility for veterans’ benefits. Veterans interested in placing an “intent to file,” initiating a claim, or providing backups of their service records for the state repository should visit one of our offices.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , ,